The NSYBA has fully implemented the USA Baseball recommended bat changes for 2019:
Little League, Pony League, Babe Ruth Baseball, and many of the other national Baseball organizations have all implemented these standards and the NSYBA has followed suit. This will provide a much safer experience for all players.
- For Spring, Summer, and Fall – all bats for Mustang and Bronco must have a USA Baseball stamp on them.
- For Pony League, bats must have either a USA Baseball stamp or a BBCOR stamp.
- For Colt, Palomino, and Thorobred, all bats must have a BBCOR stamp on them.
- All Wooden Bats are fine for all age groups.There are no other rules regarding bats. As long as bats have the proper stamp on them, the length, weight, or drop difference is no longer important.
Skokie Indians spring travel baseball teams participate in the Lake Shore Feeder Baseball League.
The LSFBL Board has discussed and approved the 2019 Bat Rules, as follows:
- Bat Rules for 8U remain unchanged and allow a maximum of 2 1/4 inch diameter bats with a drop of minus 13.
- Bat Rules for 9U to 14U have changed. At ALL age levels the maximum bat diameter will now be 2 3/4 inches. Bats may have a USA Baseball or USSSA stamp, or have a BPF of 1.15. Maximum drop for ages 9U though 12U will remain at minus 12. Maximum drop for 13U will remain at minus 8, and maximum drop at 14U will remain at minus 5. If you have any questions, please contact your Community Representative or the League Rules Committee at Rules@lsfbl.com.