1. What happens after registration? When will I hear from my coach?
Registration for the Spring season ends in March and teams are formed during April. Players will be contacted around the 2nd-3rd week in April.
2. When do practices and games begin?
For the Pony, Bronco and Mustang levels, practices begin in mid April, with games beginning the last few days of April. Pinto and Shetland practices begin in late April, with games beginning during early May.
3. When does the season end?
The regular season runs into the second week of June. Pony, Bronco and Mustang leagues all have league playoffs that end in mid/late June.
4. Is there Baseball beyond the Spring season?
Skokie Indians offers Summer Baseball. This is more recreational Baseball for players that want to keep playing Baseball in July. This is an opportunity for kids who may miss time due to summer vacation or camp, as well as for players who do not play travel Baseball, but still have interest in playing beyond the Spring season.
Skokie Indians also offers Fall Baseball.
5. Can my son or daughter play up a level, or play down a level?
Rarely do we allow a player to play up an age group, but it is dependent on the circumstance. For players that are not quite ready to move up to the next level, there is an option to play one more year at a lower age group to work on skills. Players that would like to play up or down are handled on a case by case basis.
6. Are discounts available if I sign up 3 or more of my children?
Yes. We offer discounts for families with 3 or more children. The first two players are full price and there is a discount for the 3rd child and beyond. Contact Pancho Espinoza at prez[at]skokieindians.org for more information.
7. Does Skokie Indians provide opportunities for those going through hardships to play Baseball?
Skokie Indians does provide sponsorship for those in financial need. To inquire, please contact Pancho Espinoza at prez[at]skokieindians.org