Skokie Indians families, thank you to those who came out for our Spring House League evaluations last weekend. We had a great turnout and are always delighted to see the support for the Indians and community baseball.
We apologize for any delays that you may have experienced; but, we had encountered a few technical difficulties in the gym that set us behind and forced us to set things up a little differently than we had anticipated.
There were only a few players who may have had to leave early and were not able to finish getting evaluated. For those few, again, we do apologize and ask that you please come out to our next evaluation and we will be certain to get you at the top of the list.
If you were unable to make it, our second evaluation will be held Sunday, March 9th at 8:15p in the Weber Center. This evaluation will be for AAA (3rd and 4th graders) and Majors (5th and 6th graders). Please dress in athletic clothing and shoes, bring your mitt, bat and helmet (if you have one).
Hope to see you March 9th!
Registration for the Spring 2014 season is set to end on Friday February 28th. If you haven’t already, you can Register Online Today. Beyond February 28th, a $25 late registrations fee will be applied.
On Sunday February 23rd, Skokie Indians will be partnering with Buffalo Wild Wings as part of a fundraiser event. On the day of the event, Buffalo Wild Wings will donate 15% of all food sales from any guest that presents a fundraising ticket. The offer works on both Dine-in and Carry-out orders. Come support Skokie Indians this weekend by attending Buffalo Wild Wings and be sure to bring the fundraising ticket below.
Buffalo Wild Wings Fundraiser Ticket
Player evaluations will be held on Saturday February 22nd from 12:30pm to 2:30pm. These will be held at the Niles North Field House and all Baseball players at the AAA and Majors levels (Grades 3rd-6th), should plan on attending.
If you have yet to register for Spring Baseball or Softball, you can Register Online. Registration is open until the end of February and a late fee will be given to any registrations beyond February.
Dear Skokie Indians family,
The Skokie Indians are partnering with Wrigley Dreams to raise funds for the upcoming season by providing you, your family and friends access to 4 great seats to 65 Chicago Cubs games for the 2014 season, the 100th anniversary of Wrigley Field. We have the opportunity to purchase these tickets at face value, and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to our league. For every 15 games (60 tickets) our teams sell before February 28th, our league will be given access to these same seats for one of 4 premium games, including Opening Day and May 21 vs the New York Yankees. These seats are in section 423, row 7, seats 5-8, in the Upper Deck Infield section, behind home plate, in prime foul ball territory, with a great view of the entire field, truly one of the best places in Wrigley Field to watch a game.
Wrigley Dreams is not a ticket broker, it is the website of a private season ticket holder, and the tickets are being offered at face value (ticket cost plus 12% Chicago Amusement tax, no additional fees). The Cubs are planning some great promotions and giveaways for the 100th Anniversary season, including Sunday “Throwback” games, featuring uniforms from each decade of Wrigley Field’s existence and Friday night bobble head giveaways. Many of these games are available. Here’s how you can participate:
- Please go to WrigleyDreams.com and look at the schedule and tickets available.
- Please send the attached email to friends, family, neighbors or anyone else who may be interested in attending a Cub game this season.
- Beginning at noon on January 27th, order your tickets by hitting the “order tickets” button at the bottom of each month’s schedule page.
- You will be directed to an email form, which will ask for your name, email address and comments.
- In the “comments” section, indicate which game you would like tickets for, how many you would like (options are 4 or 2), and be sure to type “Skokie Indians” in the comments section. You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours along with payment instructions.
- Tickets are sold on a first-come, first-served basis, and the website will be updated as availability changes.
- There are only 4 tickets available for each game, and there are 2-3 other leagues being included in this opportunity, so please get your orders in as soon as possible so that our league can fully benefit.
Thank you for your participation in this great opportunity, and for helping support Skokie Indians Baseball and Softball.
Skokie Indians Little League Baseball and Softball President
Continue reading »
The Niles North H.S. Baseball staff announces winter hitting and pitching camps for boys & girls 8-14 years old. The Softball camp will combine the hitting & pitching within each 1 hour(1/2 hour per skill) time slot.
- Camps are designed to instill the fundamental skills necessary to become a successful hitter and pitcher
- Camps are under direction of H.S. coach & assisted by current and former (h.S. & collegiate) players
- Each camp session has a maximum enrollment of 12 players
- Each camp consists of three 1-hour sessions on three consecutive Sundays
- The cost of each camp is $25 per player
- Camp registration deadline: February 3rd, 2014
Download Flyer and Registration Form
Skokie Indians will be holding evaluations this Saturday, February 1st for all players interested in playing travel baseball. Evaluations will be held at the Niles North High School Field House between 12pm and 2pm. At this time, evaluations will be open for the 8u, 9u, 10u, 11u, and 13u age levels. Information about future evaluation dates, as well as information on the 12u and 14u levels will be posted at a later date.
Spring House League evaluations will be held on Saturday February 22nd from 12:30pm to 2:30pm. These will also be held at the Niles North Field House and all players at the AAA and Majors levels (Grades 3rd-6th), should plan on attending.
Only three days remain to Register Early for the Spring Baseball and Softball. Early registrations before February 1st will receive $10 off the entrance fee.
On Sunday February 23rd there will be a Softball FunFest taking place at Niles West High School. Co-sponsored by Skokie Indians, along with other neighboring communities, the event will feature games, contests, pizza, and more. The event is for all girls, including beginners, who are in grades K-8. For additional information, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download Softball FunFest Flyer
Early Registration has been extended through January 31st for Baseball and Softball leagues at all ages. If you Register Online Today or anytime before the end of the month, you can get $10 off your registration cost.
Register Online Today
Registration for the 2014 Spring Baseball and Softball seasons are currently open and there is now less than a week remaining for the early bird registration discount. Anybody who registers through January 14th will receive an early bird discount of $10. Registration is done online and online payment options through Paypal are available.
Register Online Today